Dates: 1 June – 13 July
Cost: £2,100 + Flights
This trip will give you a wide variety of experiences. You’ll live in a creative access country and see how teams are using both a non-profit organization and also a business to gain access to four unreached people groups.
During the first part of your journey, you’ll be able to experience language learning and working with a non-profit organization focused on water projects and help for people with disabilities.
The second part and the bulk of your journey will take you to a beautiful remote island where farming and mining are the largest industries. Many people here drive cars, but horse drawn carriages are still a viable and frequently used mode of transportation. Most homes have televisions, but our roads are often congested by water buffalo, horses, goats, or cows. Just about everyone has a cell phone and a Facebook account, but the electricity routinely goes off throughout the day. The religious ceremonies here usually include both an Islamic leader and a witch-doctor. This is an island of contrasts!
On this part of the trip, you’ll have the opportunity to live with the locals, experience what their lives are like, and enjoy a variety of adventure activities like: surfing, spearfishing, rock climbing, and caving. You’ll also learn the long term approach we are using to share the good news and have opportunities to use what you learn everyday.
Are you ready for an adventure?
Visit shemahtours.com for more details.
(subject to change)
- Learn some conversational language and be using it right away
- Experience front-line ministry in an Islamic and Hindu environment
- Join a non-profit organization who serves the community through water projects and aid for those with disabilities
- Participate in an adventure tour which will get you into villages and have you surfing, climbing, trekking, and caving
- Learn the long term strategies for sharing and implement what you learn every day
- Establish relationships with the people and pray for them
The missionary will need to raise funds to join this ministry
Not exactly what you’re looking for? Pioneers has hundreds of opportunities to serve cross-culturally–far too many to post on the website. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, get in touch with our mobilisation team to find out about our many other opportunities. (email@example.com)